Kiba's Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To My forum! This is Kiba! In this forum you can role play or just have fun posting in forums!

Wolfquest Quotes

Tsume
    Tsume
    Alpha Wolf

Wolfquest Quotes Empty Wolfquest Quotes

Post by Tsume Sat 12 Sep - 21:07

GAMEOLOSOPHY wrote:
    INTRODUCTION

WolfQuest is a game developed by the Minnesota Zoo.

In WolfQuest: Amethyst Mountain Deluxe, the first episode of the WolfQuest game, (called WQ for short,) you control a two-year old grey wolf, born in the Yellowstone Park. You can create this wolf yourself, by selecting its name, fur colour, gender, and his stats. (this includes strength, stamina and speed).

BASIC HOTKEYS

M – the map. This map shows you where you are, elk hunting grounds are, and wolf territories are.

V – Scent view. In scent view modes, you can “see” what you smell. This can be really useful when you are hunting, or when you have low health. Everything has another colour of scent:

Carcass: Purple plume

Female elk: Purple

Bull elk: Dark pink

Hare: Orange

Coyote: Green

Grizzly bear: Blue

Wolf marking: big yellow dot

H – howl. When you have a mate and it doesn’t follow you, just howl and stand still. Your mate will come to you.

Q- run. You will need this when hunting. Its almost impossible to kill an elk while walking.

N – toggles the name bar above the wolves on and off.

X – jump. Not very useful but can be used to jump over carcasses, or just jump over others in multiplayer.

The “Quest” part of this game is to find a mate. To do this, you need to go to the three wolf territories on the map. There are three “enemy” packs: Druid, Slough and Specimen. These packs are based on real packs in Yellowstone. When you have visited all three of them, you can look for dispersal wolves in the territories. If this wolf is the other gender, you can try to become the mate of him/her. After this, there is nothing much to do left in the Singe Player mode, expect hunting or exploring with your new mate.

MULTIPLAYER MODE

NOTE: to play a multiplayer mode you need either a WolfQuest forum account or a password from a private game.

In multiplayer mode, you can join games of other WolfQuest players. The pack leader chooses the amount of wolves that can join (up to 5). The multiplayer mode has a little more features:

- Pack chat. With this you can chat with the other pack members.
    - Rally. When someone howls, and all wolves are standing together, a rally will begin. with your pack you need to fill the little blue bar that shows up. When its full everyone gets a +3 strength bonus.
    - Play bow and wag tail. These are just two little emotes.

GLITCHES

WolfQuest has a few glitches, too. Here a small list of glitches I know.

- Rock glitch. There are some rocks on the map, but when you jump, you get “inside” them.

- Walking howl glitch. When you jump and howl, you can walk around howling.

- Two-headed Elk. Sometimes are there two carcasses lying on the same place. When you are eating, it looks like a two headed elk.

West wrote:Well, If you look at the carcasses, It looks like no blood. Just red. I'm eleven, and when my dad saw the 'blood' (And my dad is very strict about things, especially blood stuff.) and all he said was that it was gross. Does it really matter? haven't kids gotten a paper cut and seen the blood? Don't they have to learn about it someday?!? I mean, you can't just let your children go on in life not knowing about blood. It's nature, deal with it. Plus, in reality, There is a lot more blood in an elk carcass. I mean, Wouldn't it go on the ground and all over the wolf's muzzle? And elk carcasses' insides don't look like red paint. They look a lot grosser. Kids have to learn about it someday.

West wrote: Yeah, I don't think wolfquest is really focusing on the blood. I mean, Isn't it fine like it is right now? Why don't they just leave it be? I think it's fine. Like, maybe the kids need to know about blood, But I would think they would learn about it from their parents and not a wolf game. I thought that parents would allow this and not make a fuss. Because, nowadays, adults are letting their 6 year olds watch rated R movies. If they let them do that, then how come they don't allow red paint elk carcasses?
    And Feris, do you really think wolfquest would put that much money into blood and guts?

West wrote:
    West wrote:
    West wrote:Yeah, I don't think wolfquest is really focusing on the blood. I mean, Isn't it fine like it is right now? Why don't they just leave it be? I think it's fine. Like, maybe the kids need to know about blood, But I would think they would learn about it from their parents and not a wolf game. I thought that parents would allow this and not make a fuss. Because, nowadays, adults are letting their 6 year olds watch rated R movies. If they let them do that, then how come they don't allow red paint elk carcasses?
    West wrote: Well, If you look at the carcasses, It looks like no blood. Just red. I'm eleven, and when my dad saw the 'blood' (And my dad is very strict about things, especially blood stuff.) and all he said was that it was gross. Does it really matter? haven't kids gotten a paper cut and seen the blood? Don't they have to learn about it someday?!? I mean, you can't just let your children go on in life not knowing about blood. It's nature, deal with it. Plus, in reality, There is a lot more blood in an elk carcass. I mean, Wouldn't it go on the ground and all over the wolf's muzzle? And elk carcasses' insides don't look like red paint. They look a lot grosser. Kids have to learn about it someday.
    I have made my point. In other words, I think they should leave it be.
    I agree with AWolfSpirit. There is a lot more blood in a wolf's life. Leave it be. In the game, it's red. Just red. And, no offense to those who do, to the people who get sick around blood, think about it. It goes through your body. It what makes you live. Without it, we wouldn't be here. My point is clear: Leave it be.

If you didn't notice, I am West on Wolfquest. We were talking about how much blood there is in-game. Tons of people agreed with me.